Miposaur Robotic Dinosaur Toy
Dinosaur meets robotics meets dinosaur. That's what the self-balancing MiPosaur Robotic Dinosaur Toy by WowWee is all about.
Dino toys have been increasing in popularity since the release of Jurassic World and this little feller is a great deal of fun.
A highly advanced toy robotic dinosaur with cutting edge technology, it looks good in sleek black with blue glowing eyes. It has the moves and the sounds you would expect from such a high tech toy.
Want it in a hurry? >>> Buy Your Pet Dinosaur Online HERE!
Kids will love this WowWee roboraptor, even those who may be getting a bit older to be playing with toys.
There are three ways to control your Dino toy. You control him with your hand gestures, an App or his Track Ball.
But..... the first thing you need to know is that Miposaur has three basic moods which directly affect how it’ll react to any commands you give, either by hand, with the app, or using the trackball.
It could be curious or excited, or annoyed. You can tell which mood it’s in. A light glows at the back of it's head - orange means it’s excited, blue that it’s curious and red that it’s annoyed. The sounds it makes reflect the mood it's in as well.
Miposaur Hand Commands
Miposaur uses GestureSense Technology. This makes it possible to control your Dino buddy with hand gestures.
He'll respond to a clap or a swipe of your hand. You can gesture him to move from side to side, spin, sit forward, go back, and so on, using ten different hand commands which are called:
- Spin left or right
- Spin clockwise
- Spin counter-clockwise
- Back hold
- Front hold
- Dual hold
- Tail pull
- Push forward
- Clap x 2
- Clap x 3
Another way to control your Miposaur is by using the special app.
This is a free App you can download to your Apple or Android device that controls your Mipo another way.
The App is loaded with different games that provide a variety of game-play to add to the fun. You can drive MiPosaur around, play, trace a path on the device screen for it to follow, and to interact with other toys like the WowWee MiP robot.
Game Modes on the App are:
- Drive Mode - this gives remote control of your Dino from the App.
- Feed Mode - let's you feed Miposaur and see how its mood changes.
- Battle Mode - prepare to battle with another Miposaur or a MiP robot.
- Path Mode - touch screen and drag gives more remote control from your app.
- Dance Mode - more mood reaction to food.
And coming soon there'll be a Storybook Mode and MiPohunt Mode.
You control Miposaur with your smart device just as you would an RC car
Personally, I think this is the most fun way to interact with your pet Dino. To activate the trackball just flick a switch.
The TrackBall uses something called BeaconSense Technology. This enables MiPosaur to track the ball in real time, follow it around and to perform tricks.
Trackball activates six different game modes:
Game Modes on the Trackball are:
- Food Mode - give it some tasty food treats.
- Dance Mode - shake the trackball to watch Miposaur's dance moves.
- Beat Box Mode - It'll start to beat box when it gets close to the trackball.
- Leash Mode - use the ball as a leash to guide the Dino around.
- Ball Mode - Mipo will chase the ball and push it around.
- Teddy Bear Mode - make the trackball become Mipo's favorite new toy.
Miposaur Robotic Dinosaur at a glance...
- Ready to use out the box. No construction necessary.
- This Robotic Dino responds to hand gestures - each will cause a different reaction depending on the mood it's in.
- Has plenty of dinosaur sounds.
- There are 3 basic moods - annoyed, curious, excited.
- The 6 different games modes loaded in the Trackball are - Ball, BeatBox, Dance, Food, Leash, and Teddy Bear.
- The app is free to download with your purchase, on Android and iOS devices. The Game Modes are: Drive, Feed, Battle, Path and Dance. Future modes planned by WowWee are - Storybook and Mipohunt.
- Miposaur will only work with devices that are Bluetooth Smart-Ready and using compatible operating systems.
- You don’t need the app to control the robot but it does add a lot to the gameplay.
- Batteries are not included. Dinosaur requires 4 x AA batteries and the TrackBall 4 x AAA.
- Comes with a quick start guide and full instructions.
- Recommended age range - 8 to 15 years.
- Dimensions: 19 x 7.8 x 10 inches.
A version of Miposaur is available supplied with rechargeable batteries and a charger. You can see that HERE.
The technologies that WowWee have incorporated into this toy make it highly intelligent and responsive with its own personality. It has plenty of moves and plenty of sounds. Robotic dinosaurs do make for good toys and Miposaur does provide a lot of play value.
Miposaur is a cutting-edge toy development in a fun format - a Dinosaur toy that is loved by kids because they can treat it like a pet. It has all the interactivity you could expect from a robotic toy
Miposaur is keenly priced at Amazon right now - you should check it out!
Other WowWee Robotic Toys for Awesome Fun!
[Updated: 07 August 2018]