This post was last updated on September 9th, 2021 at 09:22 am
Kids can recreate the atmosphere of a fun day out with these LEGO amusement park sets. They cover not just the park rides but some of the ancillary activities that add to the fun and thrill of a trip to a funfair or theme park.
The larger sets are best suited to older kids in their early teens, but the smaller kits also cater to kids as young as six.
LEGO Heartlake City Amusement Pier
The Heartlake City Amusement Pier from the LEGO Friends series is a 1251 piece fun set with plenty of detail. The main structure is a roller coaster ride set on a pirate ship. You can play with the ship from both sides and either pretend to be a pirate captain or enjoy the funfair activities going on. Kids can also pretend to be visitors to the park or members of staff.
The swing ride carousel can take three mini-doll figures at a time. You can choose between Chloe, Emma, Olivia, Stephanie, and Zack. Kids can easily make the swing spin, and the chairs fly out by twisting the knob at the top.
The kit features:
- A ticket kiosk.
- Park entrance with turnstile.
- A spin-the-wheel stall with treats to win, like cupcakes and pizza.
- An ice cream booth with cone and toppings.
- Also, there is a lot of small detail around the roller coaster pirate ship and the carousel, plus a palm tree, a couple of skeletons, a bird, and a dolphin.
You'll need two LR 41 1.5 V batteries to power a light in the pirate ship, but there is an initial set in the box.
This toy is big enough for more than one child to have a lot of fun at the same time. Notwithstanding the pirate element, it has a definite bias towards girls with the female figures and the color schemes.
The age range for this building set is eight years and over. Whoever plays with it will have a lot of fun.
Model no: 41375
LEGO Creator Expert Carousel Kit
This beautiful carousel model is built on a firm base so that you can move it around easily, and it contains a lot of detail.
Instead of the traditional use of horses on the ride, LEGO has introduced a fairytale theme to the carousel and used a frog, tiger, swan, flamingo, and elephant.
The rotation of the ride is hand-cranked. As the carousel goes round, the animals rise and fall just like the real thing. You can upgrade and convert to motor-driven power if you wish.
This set features:
- 2670 piece carousel kit.
- 7 minifigure characters to play with - a mother, father, and two kids, grandmother and her granddaughter, and a ticket salesman who doubles as the ride operator.
- Ticket booth, a hot dog in a bun, ice cream, candy, and a camera.
- Dimensions: 12 inches high, 14 inches wide.
Model no: 10257
Age range: 16 years and over
LEGO Creator Expert Ferris Wheel Kit
The main attraction at any amusement park is probably the Ferris Wheel. It stands head and shoulders above most other park rides and dominates the scene.
Standing nearly two feet high, this 2464 piece Ferris Wheel from LEGO is another large, exciting and authentic-looking amusement park set. It's huge!
You can experience a lot of functionality with this set. You rotate the wheel itself with a hand crank, raise and lower the loading gates, and each gondola has opening doors. You have the option of loading one, two, or three Minifigures into each gondola.
Accessories include flower and tree elements, 2 ice cream cones and scoop, balloon, and a pretzel
- Fully functional Ferris wheel kit.
- Ferris wheel ticket office.
- 10 minifigures - 4 adults, 4 children, ice cream vendor, ride attendant.
- Ice cream stand with new decoration.
- Easily motorized if preferred.
- Fully compatible with other LEGO construction sets.
- Dimensions: 23" high, 21" wide, 12" deep.
Although this set aims at older kids, younger avid LEGO enthusiasts will get a lot of enjoyment from it as well.
Model no: 10247
Recommended age range: 16 years and over.
LEGO Friends Roller Coaster Set
There are many amusement park features in this one set - a roller coaster, drop tower, and a Ferris wheel.
You can push the roller coaster carriage around the track. When you put a mini-doll in the front seat, you activate the light brick and ride features.
The two-car Drop Tower has a spinning function as the cars drop, has opening safety bars, and a camera to capture scary moments.
The Ferris wheel rotates with six gondolas that each seat one mini-doll.
A lot of small details add to the fun, which you'll enjoy finding as you build the set.
- Roller Coaster rides with four carriages.
- Rotating Ferris Wheel.
- Drop Tower has two cars with opening safety bars.
- Entry kiosk and turnstile.
- Eating area with a hot dog, watermelon slice, and popcorn.
- Popcorn cart.
- 4 mini-dolls - Andrea, Emma, Matthew, and Naya.
- 1124 piece set.
- The Roller coaster is 27 inches long.
- The Ferris wheel and drop tower are 12 inches high.
Model no: 41130
Suitable for children between 8 and 12 years.
LEGO Friends Amusement Park Arcade Building Kit
There are three classic funfair games in this amusement park arcade set - whackable frog, basketball hoop, and water cannon shooting. It is an excellent add-on to other LEGO amusement park and funfair kits.
- 174 piece set.
- Mia is a mini-doll in a summer outfit.
- Amusement park ticket, basketball, and a mallet.
- You push a lever to get the basketball into the net.
- Press the trigger to use the water cannon.
- Whack the frog with a mallet when it pops up!
- Dimensions: 3 inches high, 5 inches wide, 3 inches deep.
Model no: 6136480 / 41127
Recommended ages: 6 to 12 year olds.
LEGO Friends Amusement Park Hot Dog Van
A visit to an amusement park would not be complete without some fun food. The LEGO hot dog van adds that little bit of side entertainment for the park visitors.
It is another small set that adds greater detail to the more prominent LEGO amusement park displays.
Model no: 41129
For kids 6 to 12 years old.
LEGO Friends Amusement Park Space Ride
Join mini-doll figure Olivia, as she takes a turn on the Space Ride. Here we have a space-themed amusement park ride with three rocket seats on articulated arms. As the Space Ride goes around, the arms lift.
There are additional park facilities in an ice cream stand and a photo booth with a moveable camera and board displaying photos taken during the ride.
The ride measures 5 inches high, 7 inches wide, 7 inches deep, and can be combined with other LEGO sets to enhance playtime.
Model no: 41128
Recommended age range: 6 to 12 years old
September 3, 2021
There is plenty of role-playing action to be had with this Ghostbusters Lego set. It ties in with the Ghostbusters movie remake and includes the Ecto-1 vehicle, the Ecto-2 motorcycle, 5 mini-figures,
September 1, 2021
LEGO Guardians of The Galaxy - The Milano vs. The Abilisk Smaller than their original version, this LEGO Milano starship kit has much play value for the size. Star-Lord's ship has plenty