CHiP Robot Dog – Your Own Interactive Robotic Pet Puppy
CHiP Robot Dog from WowWee looks like a dog, sounds like a dog, and is playful just like a real puppy, but is actually a super-smart, artificial intelligence, robotic device who wants to become your kid's best friend.
It's more than just a robot puppy toy though. This is an interactive pet with an adaptive personality, that will evolve over time, the more it is played with.
What can CHiP Do?
Aimed at kids between eight and fifteen years, this robo pup responds to voice commands, touch sensors, his SmartBall and to instructions sent from the SmartBand. It is supplied with all that is needed for instant play.
To get the most out of CHiP you need to download the free App which is compatible with iOS and Android. It's available on the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store as well as the Amazon Appstore. The app's not essential, but the enhanced level of play makes it very worthwhile to download.
The packaging is good. Inside the box all the items are encapsulated in a clear plastic cocoon so you can see everything. The instructions and quick start guide are comprehensive and easy to follow. There's a lot to learn about this lovable robot dog, so check out the Quick Start Guide before doing anything else.
CHiP has an attractive white, blue and black appearance with pose-able rubber ears. Distinctive omni-directional wheels enable this pup to move in all directions with 360 degree awareness. The wheels are supplied with optional wheel covers, which can be fitted to avoid younger children getting pinched fingers.
This is a toy for indoor play, and for flat surfaces. It's not designed to go up or down stairs, and should not be dropped or thrown around.
These accessories come with each CHiP Robot Dog:
SmartBand is a Bluetooth bracelet used as a controller for CHiP.
When the Smartband is switched on, CHiP knows where you are in relation to him.
He can track your whereabouts from up to five meters away.
Smart Ball is a way to interact with CHiP. He can sense where the ball is.
Roll it, and he'll locate it and return it to you using the BeaconSense technology in the ball.
SmartBed is a docking station to recharge the battery.
Whenever CHiP's power is rundown, or if he's inactive for too long, he'll go to the SmartBed.
He'll sit down and recharge himself until he's ready to play again.
This is one smart robot puppy that uses a lot of technology to make it a very interactive toy.
- BeaconSense: Lets CHiP be aware of its surroundings, and recognize where it is in relation to them.
- GestureSense: Enables the WowWee pup to respond to hand gesture commands such as claps, swipes etc.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: Permits an effortless connection between the robot pup and your smart device.
- Infra Red: IR Vision enables the pooch to identify and interact with its surroundings.
- Touch Sensors: These enable your touch to be 'felt'.
- Voice Recogntion: Technology that makes it possible for CHiP to respond to its name and specific commands.
- Gyroscope and Accelerometers: These help your WowWee dog know when it is being picked up.
- App enabled: This facility allows for more enhanced gameplay, and direct control of your WowWee robot via a compatible smart device.
- Mecanum Wheels: Special omni-directional ability to move over differing surfaces.
Chip Robot Dog features at a glance...
- In the box: CHiP, SmartBall, SmartBand wrist band,SmartBed recharging base, AC/DC power adapter, Micro USB charge cable, Instruction Manual and Quick Start Guide, 4 x (optional) wheel guards and screws.
- Downloadable App is compatible with iOS and Android.
- On/off switch under flap on his tummy.
- Interacts through touch and voice commands.
- 3 connected accessories - SmartBand, SmartBall, SmartBed.
- SmartBall requires 4 x AAA batteries which are not supplied.
- CHiP can track you from up to five meters away.
- Recommended age range: 8 to 15 years.
- Dimensions: 15 x 8.7 x 11.8 inches.
- Weight: 2.2 pounds.
The great thing about CHiP Robot Dog, is the way it interacts and builds a unique relationship with it's owner. It is high tech, but for all the technology it uses, this toy is not difficult to use.
Kids love all the enhanced play that comes with using the app - feeding CHiP, checking its mood and energy levels, and taking direct control of CHiP's movements from their smart device.
The packaging is good. Inside the box all the items are encapsulated in a clear plastic cocoon so you can see everything. The instructions and quick start guide are comprehensive and easy to follow.