Air Hogs Robo Trax All-Terrain Tank With Robot Transformation
Air Hogs Robo Trax All-Terrain Tank from Spinmaster is a remote-controlled toy that you can use indoors and outside. An excellent toy for the holidays as kids can have fun with it even if the weather outside is terrible.
It is a robust RC toy that kids can operate over grass, gravel, rocks, and sand. It is not specifically waterproof, so best keep it away from puddles and out of the rain.
It's more than just a tank. Using auto-balancing technology, it can transform into an upright robot balancing on the ends of its tracks for long-range missile launching. Neat!
It is very easy to control and is a lot of fun. A single push of a button on the transmitter is all it takes to elevate the missile bays, and a second button push completes the transformation into a robot. Another button fires the missiles.
There's an on/off switch on the side of the body with the USB charging port below. You can charge via your PC or buy an AC adaptor and plug it into the wall.
When upright, the robot's face glows green, and it can fire missiles when going forwards or backward. Auto-balancing technology keeps Robo Trax upright while firing missiles in Robot Mode.
Air Hogs Robo Trax All-Terrain Tank from Spinmaster
- In the box: Robo Trax, controller, USB charging cable, 6 x missiles, instructions.
- Charging Time: 60 minutes.
- Play Time: 10 minutes.
- Radio Frequency: 2.4 Ghz
- Range: 100 feet.
- Gyro-stabilized Auto-balancing technology allows robot transformation.
- Two operational missile bays. 6 missiles supplied.
- Height in Robot Mode is eight inches.
- Color: Red and Grey.
- Transmitter/controller requires 3 x AAA batteries. These are not supplied.
- Recommended age range: 8 years and older
Robo Trax Toy Key Points
- It is simple to operate.
- Self-balancing technology transforms it from a tank to a robot.
- It can fire missiles when horizontal or upright.
- The controller can switch on sound effects.
- The tank has thick rubber treads enabling it to handle rough surfaces.
Remote control toys are always popular gifts, and the Robo Trax All-Terrain Tank is a lot of fun. It fires missiles, transforms into a robot, and it's all-terrain. It's so easy to operate and not complicated at all.
If you prefer a vehicle capable of operating in the water, look at the Air Hogs Thunder Trax RC vehicle below.
Air Hogs Thunder Trax
Spinmaster's Air Hogs Thunder Trax is a remote-controlled toy tank that can transition from a high-performance land vehicle into a boat. You can play with it throughout the year on any terrain.
Like its stablemate Robo Trax, Thunder Trax operates efficiently over grass, gravel, rocks and sand but can also handle mud, snow, and water.
The thick, durable treads let you keep in control no matter the terrain, but you need to understand they will not be as responsive in water as when you are driving on land.
Thunder Trax only transitions to a boat when it is in the water and will then transform back when it is on land. There is a chunky blue button on the controller that you push to transform either way.
Controls are standard RC mode - forward and reverse plus left and right. There's also a trim control for the steering and the blue transform button.
The charging port has a rubber seal but before you plug in to recharge, always check that no water has come off the seal.
Air Hogs Thunder Trax from Spinmaster
- In the box: Thunder Trax, remote controller, charging cable, instructions.
- Charge time: 60/70 minutes.
- Play Time: 10 minutes depending on use.
- Radio Frequency: 2.4 Ghz.
- Tech: The top of the tank folds out - fore and aft - to create a hull.
- Color: Blue and yellow.
- Controller requires 3 x AAA batteries which are not supplied.
- Recommended Age Range: 8 years and over.
Thunder Trax Key Points
- Easy to operate on land and water.
- Converts from land to water use and vice versa at the push of a button.
- It has large and durable tracks for all types of terrain.
Thunder Trax looks cool and is fun to play with on land or water. The packaging is impressive when given as a gift, and it could be just right to add to a child's RC vehicle collection.